Well, thanks to Filmaka’s Nicole, we have figured out our technical problems so watch this space for more frequent blogs.
Here’s what’s been going on since our last blog:
* NEW HOME PAGE: Here’s a shout-out to our designer Ryan and our India-based development team based. Congrats on doing such a great job with the new Filmaka.com home page. Since our April 2008 launch, we have received some great suggestions from the Filmaka community about how to tweak our website. One of the main suggestions involved re-organizing the information to make the benefits to community members easier to understand at a glance. That’s why we now have three primary areas: Make a Movie (our feature and documentary competition), Join the Community (member discounts, member success stories), and Get a Job (working with brands and agencies or jobs our members received because of their Filmaka work). We hope you like these changes and, if you have other ideas, e-mail us here or at firstname.lastname@example.org
* FILMAKAS ROCKED THE WEBBYS: Our talented team from Mexico City – Luis, Arturo, and Rodrigo – flew to the Big Apple to attend the 13th Annual Webby Awards with Filmaka’s Allison Polly and Jana Augsberger (who was an early champion of their work and who greenlit their Best Drama Series THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF LA VIDA LOCA . Check out the photo of the guys with Webby host Seth Myers on the Filmaka home page. You’ll be hearing from them in their own words very soon.
* THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF LA VIDA LOCA NOW ON YOUTUBE: YouTube, one of the sponsors of The Webbys, was so impressed with TEN COMMANDMENTS, that it’s now being featured in its new “Show” section along with TV series such as Weeds and Star Trek.
* FILMAKA’S YOU TUBE CHANNEL: TEN COMMANDMENTS also has its own “playlist” on our YouTube Channel which Filmaka’s Nicole, Jason, and Craig have been working hard to revamp. Check it out and help spread the word (send to your friends on Facebook!) We look at this Channel as a great way to bring attention to our members’ best work. You’ll see we have created “playlists” for several web series as well as short films, branded entertainment, and even jury interviews. We’ll be adding a lot more content in the near future, including documentaries.
* DIRECTV STATUS: Thanks to everyone who submitted to the DIRECTV FILM CHALLENGE. As we mentioned a couple weeks back, DIRECTV requested additional time to review your entries. They were extremely impressed with everyone’s hard work. We expect to speak with DIRECTV any day and will keep you posted.
I am sure there’s more but, if I don’t stop now, this will be the longest blog entry ever.